Here is a healthy version of the classic Chicken Caesar Salad. There are no croutons or bacon in this recipe. The dressing is home made so you know exactly what you are eating. I like to put Havarti cheese in my Caesar salad as well as some mixed greens. It is a bit different but it’s tasty. You will get two servings out of this recipe.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 slice Havarti cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small chicken breast sliced into strips
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce torn into pieces
- 1 cup mixed greens (optional)
- Place ingredients (Greek yogurt, 2 slices Havarti cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic) in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and emulsified. Put the dressing aside.
- Season the sliced chicken breast with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the Caesar dressing.
- Grill the chicken (I use a George Foreman grill) for approximately 4 – 5 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the grilled chicken on top of the Romaine lettuce (and mixed greens if desired).
- Tear up the remaining slices of Havarti cheese and sprinkle on the chicken
- Add the Caesar salad dressing, toss the salad well and serve.